Thursday, March 01, 2012

An Answer to The Elevenses Tag!

A quick background: 

So Usha, who is on a Quest on Overdrive writes really amazing stuff and i land up on her post like a night owl in no time :D ..so one fine morning in the middle of the night ;) i see this post, The Elevenses Tag :) and find that am tagged and have to answer eleven questions about myself... the lady is generous enough to give me the choice of replying in prose on my other blog or try it poetically here... i took the path less traveled and that has made all the difference :P - as in i became the procrastinator i am and managed to finally write only last night...and here i am:

The 11 questions, i had to answer about myself:
1. In one word, what have you gained, in life, that you hold most precious? (there, that rules out “weight” )
2. In three words, a pet peeve?
3. A word you think you use a lot, unconsciously ?
4. What is it that you love to do, most, and would rather spend your time doing it
5. What do you think others think of you?
6. Who would you say made you who you are today (other than your parents, if that is what you would answer )
7. What gives you joy?
8. Your all time inspiration?
9. If you could go back to one moment in your past, which moment would it be?
10. Do you believe in alternate lifetimes? If so, what is the you there doing now? (It’s actually one question, with two parts )
11. What makes you you?


And my answers:
 
Open notepad,
big smiles - and i sit and wonder
for days since i've got the tag....
to rhyme or not to
might be the question
but are the answers ready in my bag?

Dig deep,
dig more - and i speak of wonders
for i know the answer, know the trend
in one word, what i have gained
that's close and most precious
it has to be, without blinking, my super-awesome friends!

Think now,
a li'l more - a pet peeve?
and say it in as many words, but three!
the first thing that strikes my mind
the first thing i will say is - honking
is a "sin (of the) highest degree"!

Recall now,
Consciously and not -
the word i use the most?
when happy, super-happy
and even when am sad -
"Awesomeness", takes the toast!

Blush now,
for i need to say
what is that the most i love?

i dont have to think much
for i love the rains and the mist the most
and to spend time in the rain and how!

I do not think
of what others think of me
for i am on the brink of insanity
and if they think of me so
i would grin, shamelessly so
and keep smiling in endless glee!

Flashback!
run the scenes of my life
to think what made me who i am today
can't pin point on one li'l-big thing
has to be a mix of experiences
- a mix of the black, white and the gray!

Hark, we speak of joy!
and do i not smile?
when we think of this prospect bright?
for it is easy to make me happy

li'l things are all that matter; but for now
i can say, it gives me joy any day to sit, grin, and write :D

Inspirations!
they come to me
in all shapes and sizes and styles
i get inspired by the smallest of things
the sight of rains, the feel of mist
a kind word or the simplest of smiles!

Travel in time?
and if i could go back to
one moment in my past...
will definetely be to the dingy hostel room
where we made friends for a lifetime
where we fought, laughed, and had a blast!

Lifetime number two?
oh yes, i do and right now
i am flying... and this cape doesnt fit right
but i will get there, will save the world
when am done with saving myself of
this tangled cape and be able to sit upright! ;)

what makes me, me
is again a mix of things
a pinch of salt, hint of spice, a dash of lime
such is the concoction
and when shaken together
stirred/unstirred and you have me at my prime! :D

03/01, David Antony

1 comment:

  1. Woah! Oh David, this is wonderful wonderful... the road less travelled, certainly becomes you :) :)

    Your open note-pad, scribbles and verse (:P)
    Are charming indeed my dear young friend :)
    Awesome friends, may their camaraderie always stay
    Noisy honking, impatient road-irritants I too hate :D
    And awesomeness, well, that quite describes this post as well!

    You're really cool,
    And words but a tool
    For you to make your mark
    This tag for you, it's a lark :)

    So, O Superman, fly on, with words bright
    You've filled this blogger's fading day with much light :) :)

    Loved your way of doing it :)
    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete